- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 to 3 cups diced chicken
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups celery and carrots
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream or half-and-half
- 4 ounces medium noodles, cooked and drained
- Salt, to taste
Preparation:In a large pot or Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and celery and sauté until onion is tender. Add the parsley, chicken, chicken broth, soups, poultry seasoning, thyme, and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the frozen peas and carrots, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes longer. Stir in the cream or half-and-half, along with the cooked noodles; add salt to taste. Heat through.
Serves 8.visit the Angel at Rose Hall,a Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast and Eureka SpringsWedding Chapel,plan your Eureka Springs vacation now,the Angel at Rose Hall is the best place for Eureka Springs lodging and Eureka Springs Weddings.