Monday, June 25, 2012

Susie has Poison Ivy

Summer is here as well as all of the fun skin Afflictions that are present during the summer and if you are like me, poison ivy is included. Yes Susie has poison again, on my face all over my body, well this episode demanded a doctors visit. A multi week dose pack of coritsone for me, thank God It is working. However I discovered a method to remove the burning and poisonous oil the plantleaves behind. Wash the effected area with dawn dish soap, aneffective degreaser, the wipe with rubbing alcohol. So far so good, so what is posion ivy? A poison ivy rash is a type of skin irritation called allergic contact dermatitis. Poison ivy rash is caused by a sensitivity to an irritant found in poison ivy and similar toxic plants, such as poison oak and poison sumac. Each of these plants contains an oily resin called urushiol (u-ROO-she-ol) that can irritate the skin and cause a rash. Although the itching from a poison ivy rash can be quite bothersome, the good news is that a poison ivy rash or one caused by poison oak or poison sumac generally isn't serious. Poison ivy rash treatment consists of self-care methods to relieve itching until the reaction disappears. Eureka Springs vacation,call the Angel at Rose Hall,your Eureka Springs Bed and Breakfast and your Eureka Springs Wedding Chapel.  The best palce in town for Eureka Springs Lodging a nd Eureka Springs Weddings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bright Star