I just love the scent of Lavender. Always have and most likely always will. It is so relaxing for me to smell this soft and sweet sent. I always keep a bottle of this magical lavender oil next to my bed at night, it only takes a quick waif , and I am off to sleep.
The Garden Bistro in the historic District of Eureka Springs is now offering a delicious strawberry and lavender soup. You have to try this oh, so good. It is severed chilled and I generally order a cup, and a salad. You will not be disappointed.
I have several favorite lavender soaps, I personally enjoy the following: Crabtree and Evelyn , Essence De Provence, Williams and Sonoma and Lavender Moon Soap. My favorite spa Lavender products are by Lavender Green, and Lavender oil by Sequim Farms. I even had a Bride once who provided sacs of dried lavender buds and seeds to her guests to toss after her Eureka Springs wedding, it was heavenly to say the least.
As you might expect the soap and bath salts are both lavender products at the Angel at Rose Hall,your Eureka Springs vacation destination.
The Garden Bistro's Strawberry Lavender Soup
This recipe is best consumed if made the day before, which will allow the flavors to blend.
• 1 quart fresh strawberries
• 4 cups whipping cream, divided
• 1 tablespoon dried lavender flowers
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• Pinch of nutmeg
• 2 teaspoons of vanilla
1. Wash and stem your strawberries. Chop or slice them then reserve a few for garnish.
2. Puree berries in the food processor.
3. Add 1/2 cup cream and dried lavender flowers to chopped berries and puree. Chill. In a separate container, blend 3 cups, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla in a food processor.
5. Combine strawberry mixture and cream mixture.
6. Cover and chill.
7. Before serving, add more milk to thin the mixture to a desired soup consistancy. Garnish with a strawberry slice and dallop of whipped cream.
Thanks to Patsy Bell Hobson and Garden Bistro for this reciepe