Thursday, December 9, 2010
Eggnog Gingerbread Trifle
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries, chopped (optional)
* 2 tablespoons gingersnap cookie crumbs (optional)
1. Prepare gingerbread cake mix and bake according to package directions (any size pan). Cool completely.
2. Place the pudding mix in a large bowl. Pour in the eggnog and whisk for about 2 minutes. Refrigerate pudding until the gingerbread cake is cool and you are ready to assemble the trifle.
3. In a large bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks are just about to form. Beat in sugar and vanilla until peaks form.
4. Crumble 1/2 of the gingerbread into the bottom of a trifle bowl or a large glass bowl. Spread 1/2 of the eggnog pudding over the gingerbread, then spread 1/2 of the whipped cream on top of the pudding. Repeat the layers with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and whipped cream. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight. Sprinkle the top with the cranberries and cookie crumbs before serving. Angel at Rose Hall Bed and Breakfast.