Surrounding Eureka Springs are many Berry patches and farms with berries ripe for the picking. If you are unable to include a day of berry picking just stop at your local grocery store.
• 2 quarts ripe strawberries, cleaned and cut into bite sized pieces (approx. 6 cups cut berries).
• 2 oranges, juice only
• 2 lemons, juice only
• 4 - 6 tablespoons sugar, depending on the sweetness of berries.
• 2 pints blueberries
• 2 pints raspberries
• 1 pint blackberries
Softly Whipped Cream:
2 pints heavy whipping cream
• 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
• 2 - 3 tablespoons sugar
• 1 cup sour cream
• 2 1/3 cups "Bisquick, original
• 1/2 cup milk
• 6 tablespoons sugar
• 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1. Several hours prior to serving, trim and cut strawberries and place in a bowl.
2. Remove 2 cups of strawberries and one pint of raspberries and place in blender. Add (hand squeezed) juices of lemons, orange and 4 tablespoons of sugar, taste for sweetness.
3. Pour puree over cut strawberries-add blueberries and taste for sweetness. Set aside at room temperature.
4. In a medium mixing bowl (by whisk or mixer) whip the cream until it has soft peaks. Add the vanilla, and sugar to taste. Whip just one minute more. Fold in the sour cream, cover and chill until ready to serve.
5. 20 minutes prior to serving, preheat oven to 425°. Ready ungreased baking sheet. Add raspberries and blueberries to berry mixture.
6. Place all biscuit ingredients (in order) into a medium mixing bowl and stir until just combined. Do not over mix.
7. Drop 8 biscuits into even amounts onto baking sheet. Bake 11-13 minutes on middle rack in oven until golden brown.
8. When biscuits are done, immediately place 1 biscuit, in a shallow bowl or on a plate. Ladle berries and juice over hot biscuits. Top with a generous dolling of Softly Whipped Cream.